One of the things that makes PHES such a great school is the number of volunteers we have! It is so wonderful to have parents, grandparents and guardians who put an emphasis on the importance of education by helping out at the school. We LOVE our volunteers!
This month we have several volunteer opportunities where families can step up to help at PHES.
- PBIS Parties
- The counselling and administration staff hold monthly activities for those students showing positive behavior at PHES. These activities could range from art projects, craft projects, root-beer float days or game days. We always need volunteers to help out with those days. If you’re interested you can sign up at: http://signup.com/go/sSxcXwE
- Art Show/Empty Bowls Night
- Our annual art show will be held Dec. 14th from 5:30-6:30. During that event the students are invited to stop in and decorate a bowl for the Empty Bowls Project, which benefits the Carson Valley Food Closet. We need volunteers to help supervise students as they decorate bowls that evening. Sign ups can be found at: http://signup.com/go/iGAUzLm
- Holiday Staff & Teacher Luncheon
- The PTO will be hosting the Holiday Luncheon for staff and teachers on Dec. 20th. We need volunteers who can help set-up, clean-up and donate a soup, stew or chili for lunch. By popular request, we are asking volunteers who bring a dish to share also bring the recipe to share with the teachers and staff! To help out at this event sign up at: http://signup.com/go/ccQzjsn
We truly appreciate everyone who takes the time out of their busy days to help make PHES a great place to go to school! As the saying goes: It takes a village to raise a child. And we are so grateful YOU are part of our village.
It’s almost that time of year: the Annual PHES Gobble Wobble!
For those who have never helped with the Gobble Wobble, it’s a fun event for the students to “strut their stuff” around the PHES track for PE. As we do every year, we need volunteers to come help out. Volunteers help time and record runners, take pictures, and cheer the kids on.
This year’s run will take place on November 16th and each grade level will have a designated start time between 9am and 3pm. Check out signup.com (http://signup.com/go/xnfbgUc) for the exact times your student’s grade will be running…
Here’s how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: http://signup.com/go/xnfbgUc
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me, or Mr. Nyls (the P.E. teacher) at firstname.lastname@example.org
As always, we so much appreciate your willingness to serve the kiddos of PHES!
PHES PTO President