One of the things that makes PHES such a great school is the number of volunteers we have! It is so wonderful to have parents, grandparents and guardians who put an emphasis on the importance of education by helping out at the school. We LOVE our volunteers!
This month we have several volunteer opportunities where families can step up to help at PHES.
- PBIS Parties
- The counselling and administration staff hold monthly activities for those students showing positive behavior at PHES. These activities could range from art projects, craft projects, root-beer float days or game days. We always need volunteers to help out with those days. If you’re interested you can sign up at: http://signup.com/go/sSxcXwE
- Art Show/Empty Bowls Night
- Our annual art show will be held Dec. 14th from 5:30-6:30. During that event the students are invited to stop in and decorate a bowl for the Empty Bowls Project, which benefits the Carson Valley Food Closet. We need volunteers to help supervise students as they decorate bowls that evening. Sign ups can be found at: http://signup.com/go/iGAUzLm
- Holiday Staff & Teacher Luncheon
- The PTO will be hosting the Holiday Luncheon for staff and teachers on Dec. 20th. We need volunteers who can help set-up, clean-up and donate a soup, stew or chili for lunch. By popular request, we are asking volunteers who bring a dish to share also bring the recipe to share with the teachers and staff! To help out at this event sign up at: http://signup.com/go/ccQzjsn
We truly appreciate everyone who takes the time out of their busy days to help make PHES a great place to go to school! As the saying goes: It takes a village to raise a child. And we are so grateful YOU are part of our village.